I've discovered a source of Japanese paper that is now being coated for inkjet printing. The Awagami Factory is so nice they will actually send you a sample pack from their factory in Japan. The coated 70 gsm Kozo is much sharper and the blacks are immensely richer than any uncoated Kozo I've used. The website is a wealth of info, and beautifully designed as well-just what you would expect. I am such the Japanophile.
Here's a haiku of Basho's-
The village is old;
Without its persimmon tree.
The paper is also available from Hiromi Paper
- How to shoot good pictures with a cheap camera
- Why viewing an image is not an exact science
- Not Much Colors in the Photo? Here's what you can do!
- Weekly Stock Photo Review 01: Clear Subject
- Tip of the Week: 20 Must-Know Keyboard Shortcuts for Photoshop
- Dreamstime turns 20, you get a $15 anniversary referral bonus!
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 19 - Sombre Tit
- Missed Opportunities