I've discovered a source of Japanese paper that is now being coated for inkjet printing. The Awagami Factory is so nice they will actually send you a sample pack from their factory in Japan. The coated 70 gsm Kozo is much sharper and the blacks are immensely richer than any uncoated Kozo I've used. The website is a wealth of info, and beautifully designed as well-just what you would expect. I am such the Japanophile.
Here's a haiku of Basho's-
The village is old;
Without its persimmon tree.
The paper is also available from Hiromi Paper
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite