Chinese New Year 2012
This January 23rd, 2012 is Chinese New Year's day. It is the year of the Dragon.
The Chinese New Year is an important festival and is celebrated with great excitement. The day is basically celebrated on the occasion of the initial day in the Chinese lunar calendar. It is regarded as the most important festival for all the Chinese folk, around the world.
It is a tradition among the Chinese to name each year after an animal from the Chinese zodiac. In the days, preceding the Chinese New Year, the Chinese clean their residences and then decorate them. The decorations are done keeping in mind the Chinese New Year.
In preparations of the Chinese New Year, the Chinese settle their debts and also make offerings. They buy new cloths and prepare a lot of food for use in the Chinese New Year celebrations.
Positive Aspects of Chinese New Year Celebration on the Chinese New Year, members of a family come from far flung places. People give and take New Year cards with their relatives and friends. Families across China hold reunion dinners just the day before the Chinese New Year arrives. In this dinner one is not allowed to dwell in negative thoughts or use foul language while speaking.
They also practice open houses for their relatives and friends, who belong to different ethnic races. The Chinese New Year celebrations last for a fortnight but the emphasis are primarily on the first three days.
Happy Chinese New Year to everyone !
Photo credits: , Digikhmer.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Beautiful Tuolumne Meadows of Yosemite
- How to Produce HDR Photography Without Over Doing It
- Illustration, Vector, Cartoon, Clipart: What's the Difference?
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand out and Sell
- Tip of the week: How to be unique in an ocean of stock photos
- Istanbul: The Beautiful Necklace of Asia and Europe
- Enjoy Fall Photography
- Copy space importance for designers to make composite images