This post is dedicated to my newborn Michael, who was born yesterday on 22/11/09.
I haven't signed him on model release yet, but his sister has bunch of photos on DT.
From Ultrasound to first moments alive, through growing up, babies create endless opportunities to stock photography.
and guess what, these photos sell.
Well, here are couple of tips about this exciting topic:
1.The easiest subject is to shoot your own child- Leaving privacy issues aside.
2. always seek eyes level, if it means lying down on the ground do that.
When shooting intimate situation,like breast feeding, avoid exposed flesh, it sells better and besides breast feeding isn't about breasts it's about bonding, love and maternity.
sometime, natural events create great photos opportunities. the baby's drive to explore the world allows you to experiment with various artifacts (avoid hand grenades though...)
To sum it up, there is a huge bonus of having a new child, it can engage you in photography in the most exciting way and , if you find it appropriate, get excellent stock photos.
Photo credits: Amitai.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Beautiful Tuolumne Meadows of Yosemite
- How to Produce HDR Photography Without Over Doing It
- Illustration, Vector, Cartoon, Clipart: What's the Difference?
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand out and Sell
- Tip of the week: How to be unique in an ocean of stock photos
- Istanbul: The Beautiful Necklace of Asia and Europe
- Enjoy Fall Photography
- Copy space importance for designers to make composite images