Baby Gorilla Born at SF Zoo
For the past several years I have been waiting for a new baby gorilla to be born at the SF Zoo and it has finally happened. A couple of years back the SF Zoo received a female gorilla named Monifa to be paired up with the male gorilla named Oscar Jonesy that is head of the gorilla group at the zoo. Oscar Jonesy and Monifa are apart of the Species Survival Plan (SSP) which was selected by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). I had heard last week that one of the gorillas was pregnant but was not quite sure if it was Monifa or not. I just found out that on Monday Monifa gave birth to a healthy boy. Monifa is a first time mom and has not taken on her motherly roll so the staff are taking care of the baby at this moment but they hope to reintroduce Monifa and the baby back together in the near future.
It looks like he has his fathers smile :)
Pictures of Oscar Jonesy and Monifa:
Photo credits: , Susan Pettitt.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror