The world headquarters of the Baha’i faith is located in the city of Haifa, Israel. The faith of Baha’i preaches the unity of all world religions and believes that Moses, Jesus, Buddha and Mohammed were all fundamentally bearers of the same message. There are about 4 million followers of this faith worldwide. Baha’i was founded in Persia by the prophet El Bab who was executed in 1850 because of his preaching.
The shrine itself is magnificent, and is adorned by the most carefully manicured gardens. The gardens provide a wonderfully shady place to rest.
Photo credits: Johnathan Andrews.
- It's a Beautiful Day
- How Do You Add Emotion to an Inanimate Object?
- Tension, fear, admiration, pride, all in one photo
- How to create emotions in photography?
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready