Be wary of Facebook...
February 16, 2009
You probably heard about it already, but just in case... On Feb. 4th, Facebook changed their terms of service (without telling anyone, because their terms of service give them the right to do so). Basically, the biggest change is that whatever content is uploaded to Facebook belongs to them FOREVER, and that remains true even if the person that posted the content leaves the site. Needless to say, that means that any image you upload on Facebook becomes theirs to sell and use as they wish. Given the uproar that this change has caused, I can see them going back to the old TOS pretty soon, but once again Facebook showed that they cannot be trusted and that they are ready to do anything to generate income. Shame, really... © Southernstar... (Help)
- Taking pictures at motor shows
- Chillon Castle in Switzerland now a Trade Mark
- Carmakers looking for their future
- Beware of sharks...
- America's Cup - Back to sailing...
- Helicopters and photography
- Innovation and quirkiness at the Geneva Motor Show
- Carmakers in trouble... but not all of them
- Be wary of Facebook...
- Snow, snow, more snow!!!
Related image searches
Website related image searches
This article has been read 3368 times. Photo credits: Folco Banfi.