The beauty of Amsterdam in its spotlights
From 7 December 2012 till 20 January 2013, the first Amsterdam light festival, a cultural festival of water and light put the city in its spotlights.
Strolling through Amsterdam, visitors could watch pieces of light art at various locations.
One of the beautiful illuminated buildings was the Maritime Museum.
At the garden of the Hermitage Museum, there was the light project called 'City of My Dreams'. Drawings of children with the theme city of my dreams were projected at the building.
At the Amstel one could admire large light artworks. The OVO was one of the light sculptures at the Amstel. It was a seven metres high construction. Visitors could enjoy an interplay of light, sound and water.
An artwork you could walk right through, changing into various colors.
The Light Festival colored the city in special and spectacular lights: a feast for photographers!
Photo credits: Cbomers.
- It's a Beautiful Day
- How Do You Add Emotion to an Inanimate Object?
- Tension, fear, admiration, pride, all in one photo
- How to create emotions in photography?
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready