The beauty of stock photography profession
I want to tell you about how beautiful was for me the decision to became a professional stock photographer.
It was year 2006 when after having tried for some month the taste of this new thing called 'microstock', my wife and I decided we could give it a serious try. In that same year we were still both keeping our usual activity (that for both was on the editorial/publishing field, so very close to that of stock photography for same aspect) and started to learn about stock photography.
I had 20 years experience with photography, but lacked completely knowledge in the stock photography business. My wife was still a beginner in photography itself.
Well, to make a long story short, after almost three years from that day, when we discussed the possibility to try it as a profession, I can now say that it has been a success! We have three agencies where our work is sold, and I can say that we can sustain ourselves and our dog, with our microstock activity.
I am satisfied with what I have learned so far, I'm continuing to
improve and learn, the fact that every day the competition bar is rising, doesn't bother me and I'm preparing for new exciting challenges.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget