The beauty of stock photography profession
I want to tell you about how beautiful was for me the decision to became a professional stock photographer.
It was year 2006 when after having tried for some month the taste of this new thing called 'microstock', my wife and I decided we could give it a serious try. In that same year we were still both keeping our usual activity (that for both was on the editorial/publishing field, so very close to that of stock photography for same aspect) and started to learn about stock photography.
I had 20 years experience with photography, but lacked completely knowledge in the stock photography business. My wife was still a beginner in photography itself.
Well, to make a long story short, after almost three years from that day, when we discussed the possibility to try it as a profession, I can now say that it has been a success! We have three agencies where our work is sold, and I can say that we can sustain ourselves and our dog, with our microstock activity.
I am satisfied with what I have learned so far, I'm continuing to
improve and learn, the fact that every day the competition bar is rising, doesn't bother me and I'm preparing for new exciting challenges.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava