The beauty of stock photography profession
I want to tell you about how beautiful was for me the decision to became a professional stock photographer.
It was year 2006 when after having tried for some month the taste of this new thing called 'microstock', my wife and I decided we could give it a serious try. In that same year we were still both keeping our usual activity (that for both was on the editorial/publishing field, so very close to that of stock photography for same aspect) and started to learn about stock photography.
I had 20 years experience with photography, but lacked completely knowledge in the stock photography business. My wife was still a beginner in photography itself.
Well, to make a long story short, after almost three years from that day, when we discussed the possibility to try it as a profession, I can now say that it has been a success! We have three agencies where our work is sold, and I can say that we can sustain ourselves and our dog, with our microstock activity.
I am satisfied with what I have learned so far, I'm continuing to
improve and learn, the fact that every day the competition bar is rising, doesn't bother me and I'm preparing for new exciting challenges.
How to shoot events
- Wedding is one of the most significant days in the life of a young couple
- Tip of the week: how to choose between being a designer or an illustrator
- Binoculars: a photographer’s tool
- Picking the Right Lens for Any Situation
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays