Best of both worlds
Many DSLRs allow color filters in addition to contrast that are applied to the JPG. This isn't as sophisticated as what you can do later with channel mixing, but is a lot closer to getting an idea of what the final image could look like.
Photo credits: Brad Calkins.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror
- Composite Images: The New Secret to Success in Stock Photography
- Fontastic: Picking the Perfect Font for Your Design Project