The best model I ever worked with...
I read a blog on here sometime back written by Eric1513 about the people around us being free models and was struck by an idea...
I have very little experience in taking pictures of people and the thought of learning how best to light people and try and manage composure whilst learning is for me a very intimidating prospect.
But I figured that I could use myself to try and learn before asking others to pose for me, I am very grateful to Eric as it worked and all 5 of my self portrait images got accepted today. And the model whilst not being the most attractive was very understanding when I got frustrated ;)
There are obvious dificulties in terms of not being behind the camera but as a learning experience it really has given me a little more confidence in my ability to light a scene involving people and has allowed my to play with compositional ideas without trying to find the best way to communicate them to a third party.
Photo credits: Llareggub.
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget
- Don't Let Pixel Envy Drag You Down
- Reduce Eyeball Overload by Sticking to These Minimalist Design Tips
- Try These Quick Go-to Settings for Multiple Lighting Conditions
- The Road to a Perfect Ad: From the Consumers Perspective