The best time for uploading holiday images
It’s a funny theme, you know. As you can never know when designers need such images and for what purpose unless you are a designer yourself. I know for sure that in the end of the year designers need “calendar” images – I think every photographer notices the selling boom at that time.
I’ve been trying to answer this question for several years. I noticed that at average 1.5-2 months before the holiday is the optimal upload time. Of course, if your base already contains images dedicated to the holiday, new images are likely to be noticed and therefore sold. I have several images that I really like, but they have never been sold. I suppose the reason is that I uploaded them too late… Now I’m trying to think beforehand and be ready for every holiday I know of.
I am asking you to give your advice as for the best time for posting holiday images. Maybe you know some tricks about it – tell everyone.
I wish good luck to everybody and to be always on time :).
Photo credits: Awizard.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings