Bidvertising for placement?
This is more of a request / question / petition, to see what others think, with the possibility of our editors/admins input.
I have been earning a living for 9 years, on keen.com which is a totally different venue, of "set your own price" for live psychic advice by phone and email.
Several years ago, a few years after Keen started in 2000,
they implemented a bid for top placement option within their site.
At first, it annoyed the advisors.
Now, it has become a wonderful tool, to make it possible to step into the business early, late, or to jump back in from breaks, and always earn money around the clock.
Would it be possible, to have a bidvertising section area on dreamstime,
similar to keens "featured advisors" section and front page spots?
I would imagine, it would be a very challenging concept at first.
The amount paid for exposure, for best selling images, would have to be in proper proportion to the earning capacity, otherwise it would be a big loss for the contributors.
Possibly it could work, if we were allowed to feature our best images at a fair rate, and slightly increase to compete for better exposure?
I may be putting this out there like a pipe dream, but it may seem like an interesting idea worth chatting about...
I'd love to read your thoughts and opinions!
Photo credits: Loveliestdreams.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Beautiful Tuolumne Meadows of Yosemite
- How to Produce HDR Photography Without Over Doing It
- Illustration, Vector, Cartoon, Clipart: What's the Difference?
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand out and Sell
- Tip of the week: How to be unique in an ocean of stock photos
- Istanbul: The Beautiful Necklace of Asia and Europe
- Enjoy Fall Photography
- Copy space importance for designers to make composite images