Is That Big Old Lens Worth It?
Where to spend limited photo equipment dollars?
Here's the dilemma: I will be heading to Africa on a safari with family this summer. Fourteen days of once-in-a-lifetime photo opportunities.
Right now, my biggest lens is the Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L with IS. I love this lens, BUT I have a feeling it pales in comparison with the Canon 300 f2/8 L with IS. On the other hand, the 300 is about $3900 at B&H.
So, the question is: Is that 300 mm worth it? Or is it so big, heavy and attention-getting that I would hesitate to haul it out? Am I having an unjustified case of lens lust?
Anyone out there have recommendations, one way or the other, on the Canon 300? I have heard it's technically outstanding, BUT do you use it much if you have it?
Photo credits: Demarco.
- Over 600 sales! Creativity never gets old!
- Taking Stock: Designing for Calendars!
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars