Is That Big Old Lens Worth It?
Where to spend limited photo equipment dollars?
Here's the dilemma: I will be heading to Africa on a safari with family this summer. Fourteen days of once-in-a-lifetime photo opportunities.
Right now, my biggest lens is the Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L with IS. I love this lens, BUT I have a feeling it pales in comparison with the Canon 300 f2/8 L with IS. On the other hand, the 300 is about $3900 at B&H.
So, the question is: Is that 300 mm worth it? Or is it so big, heavy and attention-getting that I would hesitate to haul it out? Am I having an unjustified case of lens lust?
Anyone out there have recommendations, one way or the other, on the Canon 300? I have heard it's technically outstanding, BUT do you use it much if you have it?
Photo credits: Demarco.
- Playing Around With Design Editing Ideas
- Having A Set Of Pictures Can Increase Sales
- Crafting Pattern Ideas And Tips For Beginners
- 110 images online
- Direct, to the point: How call to action
- 4 Great Photoshop Text Effects to Make your Message Pop
- How to Capture Personalities when taking Portraits
- Turn your Favorite Photo into an Epic Movie Poster