Birds of Sierra Aitana
In Spain the most well-known birding and wildlife photography areas are usually considered to be Extremadura, Castilla y Leon and even Catalonia. Lately I found out that the Pais Valencia has also a lot to offer and not only at the wetlands of the Albufera near to the capital Valencia but also in the highlands and mountains of the interior of the province of Alicante.
Thanks to the services of Bird Watching Spain and it's manager Pau Lucio, I visited the hides at Sierra Aitana which proved to be of high interest and allowed me to add two new species to my portfolio, namely the Crossbill (Loxia curvirostra) and the Ring Ouzel
Photo credits: Hans Peter Egert.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings