Bisket Jatra - Dreamstime
'Bisket Jatra' observed in 'Thimi', an ancient Newari town lying 10 kilometres east from Kathmandu, is one of the most spectacular festivals. 'Bisket Jatra' observed in Thimi is also called Sindoor Jatra(Vermilion Powder Festival) is absolutely different than observed in proper Bhaktapur. The day marks the begining of Nepali New Year. People greet each other and play with Vermilion color. In no time the whole locality turn into colorful orange. Bisket Jatra has been regarded as the best festival of the world by lonelyplanet.com.
Photo credits: Bhutri.
- Thoughtful about Drones
- How to do HDR Without Overdoing It
- How to get the Most from Your Smartphone Videography
- Reflection photography - 4 creative tips for amazing shots
- Dog Rescue Photography: Rico
- Spring is coming, time for a clean up
- How to Stay Safe When Photographing in Extreme Weather
- 5 Ways to Creatively Add Reflections in Your Stock Images