Black and White conversion
Here is one good tip to convert some picture into a B/W colors.
Sometimes black and white pictures are too flat. This problem is a result of conversion of colors with same lightness into a black with same tint. For example, in RGB picture Red 200 and Blue 200 will become all Black 200.
This tip will give you possibility to choose a depth of the BW picture.
1. First open the picture and create a adjustment layer Hue/Saturation. Click OK without any changes.
2. Set this Hue/Saturation Layer to Color from blending options (there is still no visible changes on picture).
3. Make another Hue/Saturation layer and set the Saturation (-100) and click OK.
4. Now the good part. Click double on the first Hue/Saturation layer and move the Hue slider. When you move the Hue slider the colors of picture are changing and the depth become different.
Photo credits: Yordan Rusev.
- Over 600 sales! Creativity never gets old!
- Taking Stock: Designing for Calendars!
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars