Black and white - converting and editing
1. Open a color picture in PS.
2. Create Vibrance layer on top of the picture (background) layer
3. Create Hue/Saturation layer on top of Vibrance layer
4. Select (if not selected) the Hue/Saturation layer and slide the saturation slider to the left side to lose colors
5. Select Vibrance layer and start playing around with Vibrance and Saturation sliders to change brighter or darker gray tones even more darker or brighter (or change contrast in other words)
6. Once you found suitable tones, select all layers, Ctrl+E (in windows) to flatten image and save your nice colorless photo (always keep the originals, so make sure you do not overwrite the colorful file!!).
Photo credits: Risto Hunt.
All about color
- Over 600 sales! Creativity never gets old!
- Taking Stock: Designing for Calendars!
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars