Boo At The Zoo
Many zoos across the United States host a special event for kids to go Trick or Treating called "Boo At The Zoo" but the kids are not the only ones that get treats because they also give special treats to the animals of a way of enrichment for them. The past 3 years I have been going to these special events because it makes great photo ops. Last year I got the pictures of my favorite Lion with his pumpkins which he had a blast with them. The keepers put meat inside of a brown paper bag and then stuffed it inside the pumpkin to get the Lions interested into the pumpkin and it is a way of enrichment for them because it gives them a bit of a challenge to get the meat.
This year I took several shots of Meerkats playing in and out of pumpkin that was created to look like a house which was really cute because they kept on popping their heads out of the holes that looked liked windows in the pumpkin. I also got to watch elephants eat their pumpkins which was neat cause they hold it in their trunk and take bites out of the pumpkin and they are careful not to drop the pumpkin at all while it is resting on their trunk.
I'm still going through this years event so hopefully I will have a few that work out of the Meerkats and the Elephants.
Have a Happy Halloween everyone!
Photo credits: Susan Pettitt.
- Ideas on sea and ocean photos
- Tip of the week: Never forget to straighten your images
- My effective way for calls-to-action giving more subscriptions for newsletter
- Rain session in India ! 410th Images Approved
- Uncovering the Secrets behind the Call to action that Convert
- To GIMP or to Photoshop, That is the Question
- 5 Bad Habits to Stop Now to Become a Better Photographer
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand Out – and SELL!