Building the World's Libraries...help and feedback! (please)
There is always the small things, like smiling, or saying hello to someone, helping a friend or giving someone a hug. These are things we can do on an every day basis.
For me though, for the last few years of my 20's I want to do something more. I am currently in Ecuador looking at what I can do to "be the change" I have done a lot of travel, but in most of my years around the world I have rarley seen a library for children. I'm not talking about the urban areas, but more in areas that are less populated or have less resources.
As a teacher, I believe every child deserves books. They give knowledge, and knowledge equals power and growth.
i understand that not everyone has the chance to go to school, but books without words are just as important. Have you ever traveled to a foreign country and been able to only read the pictures on the signs? This indeed proves that we do not always need words.
the next 2 years I am going to try and start up small lending libraries in developing countries. I am currently in Ecuador pondering all the logistics of it all, but I plan on calling it "Sowing the Seeds" because books plant ideas in our heads.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks so much!
Photo credits: Angela Ostafichuk.
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava