Business metaphors a powerful thought evoking tool
Designers or writers looking to add visual impact to their work quite often look for a metaphor to use. These can come from a variety of sources, but what seems to work well is a simile. A similie of course differs from a standard metaphor because you are suggesting something is "like" something else, that is really not like it at all.
But of course, not all business decisions are made with such prudence. And many people believe that it is at all a guess at best.
Regardless of whether you see them as similies or metaphors, they are thought provoking, and add depth to any article. An image like this on a PowerPoint slide at a business forum makes the attendees think: "is this what I am doing?"
Photo credits: David Hilcher.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror