Businessweek article - digi photo scrapbooking biz
I stumbled upon this article from businessweek.com, on home based businesses,
and the second page of the article is on digi photography scrapbooking.
I have a ton of mine waiting approval.
Here’s the excerpt:
“Digital photography also provides what you think might be a huge market in “scrapbooking.” But hasn’t that trend already peaked?
You’re right that people have been teaching scrapbooking workshops and selling products for several years now. But our idea is a twist on that, as an opportunity for the home-based entrepreneur to market herself as a professional scrapbook artist. The reality is that we all have these digital cameras that take beautiful pictures, but they’re all stuck online or in a computer or a camera and nobody ever looks at them.
Also, most of us don’t have the time or the talent to download the photos and put them together to make a tangible memory or a gift for a relative or friend. Someone creative who has done this for herself as a hobby could turn it into a business. We suggest they get started by doing things like donating their services to their kid’s school as part of an auction, or teaching a summer class through a community college or local recreation center. Once they can show potential customers their work, those people will hire them to do the same thing with their own photos. It’s a great gift business for holidays and birthdays.”
Photo credits: Loveliestdreams.
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Fortress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to