Butterfly: unique symbol
Butterrfly is an insect from lepidopterous order. It is unique because of the life cycle which contains metamorphosis from egg, then caterpillar through pupa to beautiful bright adult.
That is why butterfly image became symbolic. It represents resurrection, hope and soul itself in Christianity, in China - love and joy in marriage, immortality. The Japans believe the white butterfly is a soul of died person. Also the Eastern people consider it as a symbol of transformation, change and freedom. The ancient Greeks had a goddess Psyche and god Amor which were represented as a girl with butterfly wings. By the way, in translation from old Greek word "butterfly" means soul. In Scandinavian mythology elves and fairies of air looked like little men and women with the wings of butterfly.
First pictures of butterfly were found about 1500 BC in ancient Egypt. In icons artists sometimes represent little Jesus with the butterfly on his hand.
Photo credits: Olyashevchenko.
How to shoot events
- Wedding is one of the most significant days in the life of a young couple
- Tip of the week: how to choose between being a designer or an illustrator
- Binoculars: a photographer’s tool
- Picking the Right Lens for Any Situation
- How To Create Epic Star Wars Style Star Fields in Adobe Photoshop
- Easy Ways to Create These 5 Retro Photography Styles from the Past
- 8 Lightroom Tips, Tricks, and Hacks
- How to Ensure Your Website’s Images Look Great on Retina Displays