Buyers - Getting Deals on Dreamstime
You've found the perfect image and want to purchase full ownership, but the price is a little more than your budget can afford.
What to do? Ask for a deal.
A lot of buyers might not realize that the creator of the image does have control over the price of SR-EL licenses. The SR-EL License allows you to purchase full ownership of a particular image, meaning you have exclusive rights to use that image.
As a creator, I can choose to have that price automatically applied to all my images, or I can set a fixed price manually for each with a minimum of $350. When automated, the more downloads an image receives, the higher the price increases, with some images well over $3000 - $5000.
So let's say the image you want to buy currently has an SR-EL price tag of $4000. It's well out of your price range but you are willing to pay $600. You can always leave your request as a comment to one of the images. It never hurts to ask and chances are, they will be happy to sell it to you at a cheaper price with a little negotiation.
If your offer is accepted, all the creator needs to do is adjust the price for that image in their account and it's ready for purchase through the site. Remember though that the minimum price allowed is $350 and the creator cannot adjust the price any lower than that.
Happy Image Hunting!
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images