Buyers! Need to contact contributors? Comment via Tools tab! :)
In a recent discussion in this thread about cropped vs non-cropped pictures of people and such, it appeared that some buyers do not realize that they can "legally" contact contributors, i.e. the authors of those images they want non-cropped versions of. I thought it is an important piece of info deserving a blog article.
1. You can contact us via admins, i.e. via the DT contact form.
The photographer can then upload the non-cropped, or otherwise better fit, image, while asking for a priority review. If the uploaded image is accepted (or not), the photographer can inform you by the same comments tool, and you will see the news in the "Unread comments" area in the upper-right corner of your profile, which will be highlighted in red when there are unread comments.
My perception is, asking the contributor directly may speed up things for you, because you can discuss the image you need and what the photographer already has but not uploaded yet. Or, maybe, a new image can be made just for your needs! :)
Hope it will be helpful for someone.
PS: I also have some pictures implying that larger additional format or variations might be required (which I have, but as you know series are judged unfavourably nowadays).
PS2: Contributors, maybe we should think of creating a collection(s) focused on such variation-prone images and/or collages? I could start one if you suggest me your candidate-pictures.
- Get your tips for that amazing food photography
- App filled with magic - how to edit a photo to look more professional
- An illustrated virtual guide to Gargano in Apulia (south of Italy)
- 10 Workflow Hacks for Web Designers to Supercharge Productivity
- Love your gear - What I learned from going to the service