Camping by Gillards Beach in Tathra, NSW Mimosa Rocks NP
Wanting a bit of break from the city we decided to head down for a weekend of camping at Gillards Beach in Tathra, NSW Mimosa Rocks National Park.
This park features a rugged and scenic coastline with many beaches enjoyed by surfers, fishers, snorkelers, birdwatchers and sightseers. Many natural sculptures occur on headlands, cliffs and rock stacks.
Bushcamping is permitted at Middle Beach, Picnic Point, Aragunnu and Gillards Beach. Fees apply, payable on site. Picnic facilities with barbecues also available.
The park is located 22 km north-east of Bega, off the Tathra-Bermagui Road.
The Kangaroos were quite tame and used to human presence, almost peering into our tent. Paradoxically this added to the sense of camping in the bush and made for very pleasant mornings, once the city slicker Canadian squatting lessons were concluded and over.
We've really enjoyed this weekend with beautiful sunrises, wide expenses of beaches and bushland and even some Aboriginal sacred sites in an adjoining National Park.
All in all an excellent weekend with the following being some of my selected images:
Photo credits: Christopher Meder.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Beautiful Tuolumne Meadows of Yosemite
- How to Produce HDR Photography Without Over Doing It
- Illustration, Vector, Cartoon, Clipart: What's the Difference?
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand out and Sell
- Tip of the week: How to be unique in an ocean of stock photos
- Istanbul: The Beautiful Necklace of Asia and Europe
- Enjoy Fall Photography
- Copy space importance for designers to make composite images