Camping by Gillards Beach in Tathra, NSW Mimosa Rocks NP
Wanting a bit of break from the city we decided to head down for a weekend of camping at Gillards Beach in Tathra, NSW Mimosa Rocks National Park.
This park features a rugged and scenic coastline with many beaches enjoyed by surfers, fishers, snorkelers, birdwatchers and sightseers. Many natural sculptures occur on headlands, cliffs and rock stacks.
Bushcamping is permitted at Middle Beach, Picnic Point, Aragunnu and Gillards Beach. Fees apply, payable on site. Picnic facilities with barbecues also available.
The park is located 22 km north-east of Bega, off the Tathra-Bermagui Road.
The Kangaroos were quite tame and used to human presence, almost peering into our tent. Paradoxically this added to the sense of camping in the bush and made for very pleasant mornings, once the city slicker Canadian squatting lessons were concluded and over.
We've really enjoyed this weekend with beautiful sunrises, wide expenses of beaches and bushland and even some Aboriginal sacred sites in an adjoining National Park.
All in all an excellent weekend with the following being some of my selected images:
Photo credits: Christopher Meder.
- Just For the Love of Nature
- The killer on the cover -- reading into the clues
- Use a cooling off period for better submissions
- Summer Thunderstorms - The Water Cycle
- 10 tips to help you write a good blog
- Tip of the Week: Creating your own custom cards
- “You Should Frame That!” (How many photographs can a wall handle?)
- Punta Della Dogana, Venice: The Quiet Brother of the Proud Piazza San Marco