Canon Powershot G9
I bought this camera some months ago and I'm very happy with it. Maybe it has more noise than I rather prefer, but in general, it's a good camera.
It has 12.1 MP, 4000x3000 pixels of photo. For uploading to DT I always shoot in it's widest resolution, and then in photoishop maybe reduce my 4000x3000 pixels photo, delete unwanted background,etc... or if the photo it
- Different shooting programs: Snow, Beach, Indoor, Foliage, Aquarium, Fireworks, Landscape, Underwater, Kids & pets, Night scene, Sports mode, Portrait mode, Stitch assist, Night snapshot
I always try to use Manual mode, but sometimes it's good to use one of this modes, 4example, I always shoot fireworks in "Fireworks mode" :)
- Special effects: Sepia, Vivid, Neutral, Vivid Red, Color Swap, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Color Accent, Black & White, Positive Film, Darker Skin Tone, Lighter Skin Tone
If you want more articstic shots or play with the color
- Max Shutter Speed: 1/2500 sec
- Min Shutter Speed: 15 sec
If you have bad light and no tripod try to shoot at moreshutter speed you can, example, better 1/30 than 1/15 or 1/8
As less speed, more out of focus
- Exposure Metering: Spot, Evaluative, Spot AF area, Center-weighted
- Exposure Modes: Manual, Program, Automatic, Shutter-priority, Aperture-priority
I try to use always manual ;-)
- White Balance: Flash, Cloudy, Daylight, Underwater, Fluorescent, Tungsten light, Custom, Presets, Automatic
- Image format: RAW,JPG
If you manage well with PC and post editing, I strongly recommend always shoot in RAW
- Additional Features: AE lock, AF lock, FE lock, DPOF support, Audio recording, Histogram display, Resizing an image, Diopter adjustment, PictBridge support, USB 2.0 compatibility, RGB primary color filter, Camera orientation detection
- Flash Modes: Auto mode, Fill-in mode, Slow synchro, Flash OFF mode, Rear curtain sync, Red-eye reduction
Photo credits: Titania1980.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images