Canyangshan, a fantastic temple over a steep canyon in Hebei
The scenery is just great: silent mountains, forgotten wooden temples, peaceful paths in the nature. Once it must have been a place of high spiritual value and incredible beauty.
Here was shot the very last scene of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, when Zhang Ziyi finally at peace jumps off the balcony of a temple (supposedly in Wudan Shan) flying through the mist flanked by woods and forests (the mountain setting of the movie is actually Huang Shan).
To get there, get an early train from Beijing West (T trains, the fast ones, leave at 630am and arrive in Shijiazhuang at 830). Exit the train station and cross the big square, head to the hotel opposite to the station and ask the reception to hire a car and driver for a day. The woman there was very helpful. Get a car, it will cost 400RMB for the whole day, or find buses directed to Jingxin, from where one bus arrives to Canyangshan. It's 2 hours by car from Shijiazhuang and 3 by bus. The climb of the mountain is a steep stair 40 minutes long. Then it's temples as long as you want.
Trains leave Shijiazhuang to Beijing every hour. I came back to the capital at 930pm with another fast train.
Photo credits: Nniud.
- Over 600 sales! Creativity never gets old!
- Taking Stock: Designing for Calendars!
- Dog Rescue Photography: Zeus the Tibetan mix
- How to Created Smooth, Subtle Gradients in Photoshop
- Mastering the Basics : InDesign
- How to take sharper dogs pictures
- An Alligator ate my Action Camera!!!
- New Year 2020: Designing calendars