Cao Hai Lake
cite: Cao Hai Lake
Cao Hai -- the name, pronounced tsow-high, means sea of grass -- already bears the scars of Chinese Communist history. Until the late 1950's, this lake 7,000 feet high in the mountains was a prime habitat for migratory birds.
In recent years, the lake has been host to more than 400 of the birds that are its claim to fame, the black-necked cranes, a 10th of the global population. A total of 184 bird species have been sighted on the lake.
Photo credits: Zhuang Yidong.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images