Photographers are indeed beholders of time machines. As we take our photos we capture the time it was taken at the time. (still with me?)
I recently went to a good friend of mines farm where nowdays he spends his time making children happy and adults children.
When I made a return trip two weeks later I found it hard to believe I was at the same place. It had changed that much.
Now I must confess that the part of the world that I live in changes seasons very quickly, but it was still very dramatic.
Fall colors soon become bare trees. Leaf covered ground soon becomes snow banks.
So keep in mind as your taking your next photo that you will capture that time and that photo will never be done again. We might set it up very close but each photo is a sliver of time by itself and will never be repeated.
Thank you for taking the time to read the blog about time and until next time I must go cause I'm out of time.
Photo credits: Dave Willman.
- Halloween Creatures: the Owl
- A Moment of Awe-Inspiring Wonder
- An emotional wakening (eventually)
- Everybody loves to take pictures of cats
- Halloween Creatures: the Black Cat
- Aim to shoot for International markets- Advice for stock footage
- Halloween Creatures: the Spider
- Tip of the week: Stock photography and Social Media