Car boot sale and photography.
Readers will think there is little connection between the car boot and photography but let me try to persuade you otherwise. There is a car boot sale every Sunday morning in our local football stadium often with 100 sellers offering their surplus goods some at knock down prices. If during the sale it begins to rain some sellers take any offer however small to get rid of the 'stock'.
Some of us at dreamstime use props for still life images and I will now give examples of what I have managed to pick up.
This mini easel only cost
Another day I only managed to pick up a card sharks box of tricks
but it helped me generate an image entitled ' Cheats win every time'..
On another occasion I picked up a gold Christian Cross very cheaply and it has helped me to create several images, including sympathy and Easter cards.
I also got hold of a golden key this time from a charity shop and this simple object has created quite a few images for me on Dreamstime, such as 'key to science' , 'key to ideas' and doing quite well 'key to happiness '.
Finally just over a year ago I bought a halloween mug for just ten pence.
One sale repays the cost.
We here are mostly submitting images for love of creativity and money can't be our main concern [ although we wouldn't turn away a sale ] but finding materials to assist in creating new images can be expensive if you buy from retail outlets. I therefore hope this suggestion of attending car boot sales helps to keep your costs down and your uploads rising.
If the post helps anyone please kindly tick the helpful box.
Photo credits: , David Watmough.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Illustration, Vector, Cartoon, Clipart: What's the Difference?
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand out and Sell
- Tip of the week: How to be unique in an ocean of stock photos
- Istanbul: The Beautiful Necklace of Asia and Europe
- Enjoy Fall Photography
- Copy space importance for designers to make composite images
- Advise for new photographers - displaying and designing billboards
- How to create Compelling Mixed Media Designs - A Journey Through Wild Africa