Car Illustrations with graphic tablet and inkscape
Last week I've got I608 genius graphic tablet.I never use it before,also I used to do all my work with mouse and keyboard.My sketches were made with ball pen and paper canvas.I'm in 3d more and like photo realism,but I admire to the people who create their car design sketches in photoshop with brushes.I tried to work with several programs gimp,artrage,sketchbook pro trial version.I thought it is like you sketching on paper canvas,but it is not.So you have to practice and practice.I want it to create my illustrations from real photos then.Tried to recreate all shadows and highlights with vector shapes,like I did with mobile phones before.At first I wasn't satisfied with the results,but then I saw when I'm using gradients and transparency I can create similar look to real photography that was much better.Here are some of my illustrations in inkscape.Audi R8 was my very first attempt,then I made audi A1,and the last is I think my the best car illustration so far Lamborghini Avantador.Investment in graphic tablet speed up my work,but also opens new doors for new skills and improving my work.Next I think I will try to learn how to render sketches with brushes,like designers do.
Enjoy my blog.
Photo credits: Nikola Novak.
- Playing Around With Design Editing Ideas
- Having A Set Of Pictures Can Increase Sales
- Crafting Pattern Ideas And Tips For Beginners
- 110 images online
- Direct, to the point: How call to action
- 4 Great Photoshop Text Effects to Make your Message Pop
- How to Capture Personalities when taking Portraits
- Turn your Favorite Photo into an Epic Movie Poster