Catching kids for photo :)
Recently I tried child photography, and now feel very excited about this nieche. Kids are so cute! When you shoot or portprocess their images your eyes are resting. You never get really tired looking at a child's innocent face.
I made my pictures in the natural light with only a small on-camera flash.
The difficulties were the following: kids were all the time moving and had a habbit to turn away from camera :) Of course, it was very hard to explain them the importance of keeping head in a certain position according to the proper lighting. They are not adults and just can't understand such humor!
The solution was to keep them busy doing something. I'm very grateful to my little models' parents for help about this and good fantasy in entertaining.
From each child photosession I didn't get huge amount of photos, but I noticed that when the right pose is finally caught the picture doesn't need a lot of retouching - child's skin is very smooth and always of the right color, the body lines don't need any correction to be "slimer" or "curvier" in some places like the body lines or adults. Kids look wonderful as they are and in every mood - no matter if they smile, cry or not pay to you any attention. Here are some results or my experiment.
Photo credits: Julia161.
- The most beautiful 5 places in the Republic of Moldova
- The language of colors
- Give a Little Whistle: Bird Call Playback and Photography
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs