CCTV fire! Loss 300 million U.S.dollars!
China Central Television apologized on Tuesday for the massive fire that engulfed part of its new headquarters in eastern Beijing. Monday night's blaze resulted in the death of a firefighter and injured seven other people.
The fire broke out at about 8:30 on Monday evening. Over 50 fire engines and some 600 firefighters were dispatched to fight the blaze. Party Secretary of the Beijing Municipal Committee Liu Qi and Party publicity chief Liu Yunshan, arrived at the scene shortly after the fire started. The fire was put out at 2:00 on Tuesday morning. The main structure of the building was not seriously affected.
Initial investigations show the fire was caused by illegal powerful fireworks set off in the open space southwest of the building. The cultural center of the CCTV complex was still under construction. The case is under police investigation.
Above from the CCTV.com
The losses caused by fire more than three hundred million U.S. dollars.
Buildings after fire as follows:
Buildings before fire as follows:
Buildings under construction:
Photo credits: Sang Lei.
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava
- Baling Hay In The Summer