Cedrus Libani - Symbol of My Country
That evergreen tree, also called locally The Cedar of God, was mentioned more than 70 times in the Bible. The cedar groves of Lebanon were called the dwelling of the gods in the Epic of Gilgamesh...
•Sumerians: burning cedars in ceremonies,
•Jews: building temples & public constructions,
•Our forefathers the Phoenicians: trade ships, houses, & temples
•Romans, Greek, Babylonians, etc.
With their aromatic wood & noticeable majesty, one cannot but feel the sanctity while walking inside any of the remaining Cedar forests in Lebanon…
"My love is as the cedars, beloved, and the elements shall not conquer it." (Gibran Khalil Gibran)
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama
- The orangutang baby
- The perfect location shoot for a book cover!