Cedrus Libani - Symbol of My Country - Dreamstime
That evergreen tree, also called locally The Cedar of God, was mentioned more than 70 times in the Bible. The cedar groves of Lebanon were called the dwelling of the gods in the Epic of Gilgamesh...
•Sumerians: burning cedars in ceremonies,
•Jews: building temples & public constructions,
•Our forefathers the Phoenicians: trade ships, houses, & temples
•Romans, Greek, Babylonians, etc.
With their aromatic wood & noticeable majesty, one cannot but feel the sanctity while walking inside any of the remaining Cedar forests in Lebanon…
"My love is as the cedars, beloved, and the elements shall not conquer it." (Gibran Khalil Gibran)
- Species Spotlight: Killdeer... voice that carries
- Tip of the week: How to make your descriptions work for you
- Creative Ways to Incorporate Reflections in Your Photography
- First commercial steps with a drone
- Tip of the Week: Of Rodents and Patience
- Location Spotlight: Vogel State Park, Georgia USA
- Dog Rescue Photography: Scared Lee
- Portfolio Milestone: 1000 images uploaded and accepted