The chateau of Amboise in the Loire valley, France
Chateau d'Amboise has been home to some important historical figures and events. Amboise is situated 15km to the east of Tours on the D751 or the N152 or via the A10 motorway (Paris-Bordeaux) exit 21. Amboise is also well served by trains and buses on the Blois-Tours line.
The royal Chateau at Amboise is a chateau located in Amboise, in the Indre-et-Loire department of the Loire Valley in France. The Chateau at Amboise was originally built in the 11th century.
The chateau rises above its surrounding town. Chateau de Amboise is built on a small stone mountain, overlooking the Loire River.
The castle at Amboise was the first to have gardens laid out in the formal style that came to be known as 'French style gardens'. The Chateau at Amboise is probably most famous as the childhood home and favored royal castle of King Francois I.
Photo credits: Nimblewit.
- Capturing or generating emotions?
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings