The word "koi" comes from the Japanese, simply meaning "carp." It includes both the dull grey fish and the brightly colored varieties. A homophone of koi means "love, affection" and koi are therefore symbols of love and friendship in Japan: a good example is the short story Koi-san by Mukoda Kuniko.
Photo credits: Forshone.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Tip of the week: Adjusting exposure in post processing
- 3 Top Secrets to help you Shoot professional Photos on your smartphone
- Beautiful Tuolumne Meadows of Yosemite
- How to Produce HDR Photography Without Over Doing It
- Illustration, Vector, Cartoon, Clipart: What's the Difference?
- How to Write Product Descriptions that Stand out and Sell
- Tip of the week: How to be unique in an ocean of stock photos
- Istanbul: The Beautiful Necklace of Asia and Europe