The word "koi" comes from the Japanese, simply meaning "carp." It includes both the dull grey fish and the brightly colored varieties. A homophone of koi means "love, affection" and koi are therefore symbols of love and friendship in Japan: a good example is the short story Koi-san by Mukoda Kuniko.
Photo credits: Forshone.
- Foreign Jorō Invasion!!!
- German Local Travel: The Black Forest's Beautiful Secret (Triberg Waterfalls, Germany)
- Where can I find free photos from Dreamstime?
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 18 - Eurasian Crimson-winged Finch
- Ten Stock Photography Tips for Success
- Happy Dog's Happy Ending
- Tip of the Week: What Defines a Professional Camera
- American Local Travel: California National Parks (Sequoia and King's Canyon)