Chunyun, world's biggest annual migration
2009 Chunyun start on Jan. 11, I took this pictures on the 7th day of Chunyun.
Guangzhou railway station, one of the most busy stations in China, ever been the dream destination for millions of out-of-town workers who were willing to find a job in Guangdong province, and probably the most chaos place in China, is in face with the annual challenge again.
Let’s think deep to the cause of this chaos circumstance, why masses of Chinese desperate to return home? The reason comes from the strong family value. Spring Festival (the Chinese Lunar New Year), the most important festival of China, is the reunion day for all the Chinese families. Family members will come together to celebrate this event, no matter where or how they work or study, the homesick feeling will be much more strong during the traditional festival. From this point of view, Guangzhou railway station could be regarded as one of the most emotional places in China, especially while Spring festival is coming.
Photo credits: Wayne Zhou.
Expert tips on creating composite designs
- Putting Your Town on the Map: How to Rediscover Your Own Home in Photos
- Spend the time where it counts
- Tip of the week: Putting things into perspective
- How to Make Gorgeous Gradients for any Background
- GIMP Vs Photoshop
- Apple in Mirror
- Composite Images: The New Secret to Success in Stock Photography
- Fontastic: Picking the Perfect Font for Your Design Project