The Color Red (Part 2)
My very first blog on Dreamstime was about using the color red in stock photos ( here). I've gone back through my portfolio and can see that some of my best selling older images have the color red in them.
I can also see a trend in many of the photos that I've shot more recently that are just beginning to sell and that have the color red in them.
It is the color of blood, and is often used to symbolize passion, love, or anger. In some cultures, the color red also represents luck and prosperity. Red occurs often in nature and we attempt to harness its visual power for everything from politics to sports.
When creating photographs I often build a photo around the color red because of its power to draw the viewer in. So the next time you are shooting stock, find something red to put in the frame. You might be pleasantly surprised by your success. Good luck and I hope to see you shooting out there!
Photo credits: Lane Erickson.
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava
- Baling Hay In The Summer
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking