Colored pencils (crayons)
So there are some tips from me if you are eager to try:
1. Make a simple sketch with a lead pencil, outline it with pen and then use eraser to remove all pencil lines. Otherwise it may spoil your colors when you start coloring your sketch
2. Place light tones and leave blank spaces for highlights. For example, if you draw leaves, you should color their shapes with yellow color first and only then place green above.
3. Place darker tones. For leaves colored yellow it will be light-green for highlighted areas and darker green for shadows. It's like making layers in Photoshop, but strictly from light to dark, and you're unable to correct most of the mistakes on paper.
4. Add more shadows if needed (with black pencil) and highlights (with eraser).
Besides, such pictures sell. Three of mine were bought soon after approval.
Photo credits: Makarova Olga.
- HOW TO: LOCATIONS from an Austin Photographer
- Try and try again...
- How to find your unique 'Niche' as a photographer
- Waterfalls: Hints To Make The Best Of Your Photographic Experience
- What makes a travel photography bestseller
- Animal Shelter Photography: Bama
- The orangutang baby
- The perfect location shoot for a book cover!