Colorful Latino Festival
Every year in the mount pleasant neighborhood of washington dc a latino festival takes place in late september. This festival offers free food, souvenirs, entertainment with the main event being a parade that takes place around mid day. Latino people from many parts of the world show up including teen age beauty queens, dancers and other performers. Colorful costumes are worn by these people and make for good photo opportunities. Just be sure to bring plenty of memory as you will want to take a lot of photos-maybe a spare battery as well. The highlight of the parade is the brazilian dance performance with many attractive women dressed in colorful plumage. If you decide to take a break from the parade be sure to sample some of the free food offered. Many large latino food companies like goya offer tacos and soda free to the public. There are also many vendors the sell kabobs, stews and other latino food as well. The festival runs the entire day into the evening.
Photo credits: Richard Gunion.
Camera equipment: New and Old
- Camera equipment: New and Old
- Our Photos: Monuments of the Past
- Tip of the week. How to guide and direct your model during the photoshoot
- Stock Photography - Who buys Your Stock Images?
- Great changes to photography are happening as we speak
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images