Common misspellings. Words ending with "-ment"
I've been observing an increasing number of images with particular keywords misspelled. I wouldn't bother to write a blog entry about it, but this case is special. Why? Because all these mistakes come from many different users, and are of one, specific type. The keywords ending with "-ment"" syllable are more and more often spelled as "-mant".
Please note, the correct spellings are:
NOT enjoyMANT, equipMANT!!! etc.
The possible explanation of this case can be either:
1. There's a corrupted translating software somewhere, in popular use.
2. Users copy keywords from each other carelessly, without even using our spell-checker.
Is it important for you as a seller? Well, the majority of buyers will spell the keyword correctly (it's also suggested by Dreamfinder), so your image will just not appear in the results, sales affected.
Please do check your portfolio.
We received some feedback from users, who claim their (online) dictionary gives those misspelled words as correct. As long as this is quite amusing, it's quite probable too, as many sources that are wiki-made are often full of mistakes. Unfortunately. But for your own good, and for our eyes' health, please, use our spellchecker.
Photo credits: Splosh.
- NOT climbing a mountain could be very efficient
- Wait on it!
- Pesky Squirrels
- Tip of the week: mobile images and microstock, oops I forgot my DSLR
- My first artistic nude picture was "accidental"
- 10 Things You Can Shoot Right Now
- Animal Shelter Photography: Sable the senior GSD
- Using Stock Images, Videos, and Music to Create Amazing Short Films on a Budget