Common misspellings. Words ending with "-ment"
I've been observing an increasing number of images with particular keywords misspelled. I wouldn't bother to write a blog entry about it, but this case is special. Why? Because all these mistakes come from many different users, and are of one, specific type. The keywords ending with "-ment"" syllable are more and more often spelled as "-mant".
Please note, the correct spellings are:
NOT enjoyMANT, equipMANT!!! etc.
The possible explanation of this case can be either:
1. There's a corrupted translating software somewhere, in popular use.
2. Users copy keywords from each other carelessly, without even using our spell-checker.
Is it important for you as a seller? Well, the majority of buyers will spell the keyword correctly (it's also suggested by Dreamfinder), so your image will just not appear in the results, sales affected.
Please do check your portfolio.
We received some feedback from users, who claim their (online) dictionary gives those misspelled words as correct. As long as this is quite amusing, it's quite probable too, as many sources that are wiki-made are often full of mistakes. Unfortunately. But for your own good, and for our eyes' health, please, use our spellchecker.
Photo credits: Splosh.
- Using Colors to drive your sales
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - Aperture
- I need to get out more. Some background information
- Tip of the Week: Using a Pin Hole Camera
- Professional Portfolio: How to Frame Your Photographs
- Helping more than the dogs
- Tip of the week: 8 GIMP newbie tips
- Why I love Norfolk