The Concept of Arabic Numbers
This time I made a special photo not only to be nice and stock seller but also because I like the concept of what it means!
Yes the concept of the arabic numbers that were invented and passed to Europe and the whole world in the 10th century...Now our day by day use almost everywhere!
I assume many like me didn't have a clue about this concept which is... The first Arabic numbers were shaped upon the number of the angles that are less than 180... Yes Arabs on that time where involved in many studies about geometry angles and invented algebra... (Not getting into history now)
So if you look to number 1 it has only one angle that is less than 180
Number 2 which looked like a Z has two angles... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 has the same concept.
For some reason number 9 has only 8 angles!
Maybe I missed something or the illustration that I have in the sheets had a default, but I promise I will investigate about that later...
What about the ZERO!!!
Studies say that it was made like a dot "." (No Angles) and that dot made a revolution in decimal numbers...
Zero now is shaped like an O which I believe it has a Roman origin.
Thanks for reading :))
- How to Guide Clients toward Making the Best Design Choices
- Designing Business Cards that Get the Job Done
- Secret of Image Selection! Crossed 300 images
- What are calls-to-action for users in a site?
- How to make a football photo outside of the stadium
- How to Photograph Coffee for Instagram Posts - Pro Tips
- Creating Calls-to-Action that Work
- Tour of Slovenia in Lendava