The Concept of Easter Icons!
I have noticed that many of us don't know the concept of Easter icons!
For my curiosity, I have tried to find answers to:
What was the origin of the Rabbit & the Egg symbols in the Easter?!
I have asked some religious people about that, but no clear answers!
Then my second source was wikipedia but I got only half answer!!!
According to the bible Jesus went in the wild (the desert) to be examined by God... He had the devil trying to obsess him & leading him to sin! .... the rest of the story...
According to the same story also, Jesus stayed in the wild for 40 days with out eating! Then he showed up in a village where he had his first food after 40 days of fasting!
This is why some Christians make their vegetarian fasting during 40 days before the Easter with out consuming any meat products!
My conclusion is that the first thing Jesus has ate was an egg!!
I really can't prove that at the moment but I'm hoping to find a source to link!
And with this I have reached the conclusion of the meaning of the Egg icon of the Easter! It's so old and as I know undocumented as well!
Of course colored one is to make it more cheerful to children & commercially nice :)
WHAT IS YOUR THEORY?? DO YOU THINK MINE MAKES SENSE?!
Any help about that will be more than appreciated.
It's nice to know the concept before we make our shots or illustrations!
HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY!
- Foreign Jorō Invasion!!!
- German Local Travel: The Black Forest's Beautiful Secret (Triberg Waterfalls, Germany)
- Where can I find free photos from Dreamstime?
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 18 - Eurasian Crimson-winged Finch
- Ten Stock Photography Tips for Success
- Happy Dog's Happy Ending
- Tip of the Week: What Defines a Professional Camera
- American Local Travel: California National Parks (Sequoia and King's Canyon)