Connecting Creativity & Commerce
Stock is a business based on creativity. Knowing what subjects to shoot and how to diversify your collection is paramount to creating a good income from stock photography.
At the recent PhotoPlus in New York City, I was privileged to be on the "Do It Yourself Creative Research" panel. My approach was to discuss how to do creative research when the photographer may not have the benefit of working with a larger agency that provides trend data and shoot lists. I also look at keywords as the "real estate" of the stock industry.
Here's the presentation.
Photo credits: Iofoto.
Nature and Wildlife Photography
- How to Pick a Camera Tripod
- How to Find Photography Backdrops
- Do you need Lightroom or Photoshop? Here's how you know
- These are a few of My Favorite Things: Eyes!
- A few inches can make all the difference!
- Dog Adoption Photography: Geronimo
- Wildlife is Everywhere
- Tip pf the week: A zoom lens or stick to primes?