Connecting Creativity & Commerce
Stock is a business based on creativity. Knowing what subjects to shoot and how to diversify your collection is paramount to creating a good income from stock photography.
At the recent PhotoPlus in New York City, I was privileged to be on the "Do It Yourself Creative Research" panel. My approach was to discuss how to do creative research when the photographer may not have the benefit of working with a larger agency that provides trend data and shoot lists. I also look at keywords as the "real estate" of the stock industry.
Here's the presentation.
Photo credits: Iofoto.
- Understanding the Stock Industry and What Buyers Are Looking For
- There is a flower farm nearby my apartment
- How to Design Calls-to-Action That Get Mouse Buttons Clicking
- Tips On Creating Design Illustration Patterns
- Journey is often more beautiful than the destination
- Crossed 250 images 26 days (Story from Beginning)
- How to take better pictures of a butterfly?
- A New Sport for Many People