Contributors stealing ideas from another contributors
These images were made by me. They are not the greatest ideas, and they are not the most beautiful designs, but still, I’m proud of them just because they were my own ideas.
A few days ago I was shocked, when searching for them in another agency, I found these same images having been copied and sold by another contributor. Placing my originals next to the fake ones, it is obvious that they were made by a different person, but the images are the same. I decided to post a thread at the forum of that agency, and found out that some people also felt frustrated about this kind of cheating, but some others weren’t bothered by this. My feeling was that these people were supporting the cheaters instead of supporting their own pears, so I wondered, shouldn’t we try to stop this kind of people instead of letting them use our imagination, and the time we spend making our new designs on their own benefit? Is it acceptable to reproduce an image and put it into the market, or shouldn’t this be allowed?
I’m interested in listening to different opinions, because I have a strong feeling about this, but I also understand that I might be mistaken or might be too harsh, so it’s good to know what other people think.
Photo credits: , Carina Rubinstein.
- Which Social Platform Should You Advertise On?
- Get to know the birds of Turkey - 20 - White-tailed Eagle
- 5 Fun Ways to Celebrate Halloween at Home
- 5 Branding Tips for Logo Designers
- Feeding the Wildlife
- How to shoot good pictures with a cheap camera
- Why viewing an image is not an exact science
- Not Much Color in the Photo? Here's what you can do!