Copyright and infographics
The typical template I am talking about is beautifully designed, perhaps has point 1 through 9 in a circle and in place of real type and real headlines is dummy type. Now what I would like to do is edit one of those templates with my own content. I can see how it is legal for me to use this on my own website, but what about posting such an infographic on Pinterest.com or another such website.
What if others pick up that material and pin it to their site? I want and need backlinks, but I do not want to violate the copyright law. Is that legal to do or is it violating copyright? If it is a violation of copyright, where would one find such great graphics that can be used as such a reasonable cost on Pinterest and similar sites.?
Photo credits: Wim Sarsunan.
- Blog about blogs
- Snapshot is Not a Dirty Word: Musings of a Contrarian Walk Around Photographer
- Tip of the week: Make your mobile images microstock ready
- What to do if there is no photo camera?
- 4 Great Locations To Catch A Lake Ontario Sunrise In The Greater Toronto Area
- My first 200
- Provoking feelings
- Designing front covers with emotions - advise and contest entry