Crazy (stock) world
Today going through web I have found a company located in my country selling (better to say reselling) Dreamstime photos and pictures including pictures of exclusive DT contributors, obviously in an agreement and cooperation with DT. What is interesting is the price for these pictures which is considerable higher than DT prices (of course the price is in our national currency, but it is much higher even if recalculated in $). This made me thinking how much the company earns reselling our photos and if there is an another company reselling pictures of this company and how many of such companies who earn their's living from our photos is outside there at all.... To me it is strange how this all stock world works... moreover if you consider our contributor's revenue at the start of the stock industry.
Photo credits: Meryll.
- When "Happily" isn't "Forever After"
- Food Photography: A Recipe For Success! (Part 2)
- Tip of the week: Understanding camera's exposure compensation feature.
- Pet Adoption Photography: Wally
- Science Fiction Art: Selling Your Story!
- How to succeed in street photography as a hobbyist photographer
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles