Create Perfect Black and White Images
Here is a technique I picked up along the way to convert color photos to eye catching black and white photos.
Using Adobe Photoshop, go to the
Image Menu > Mode > Grayscale
You'll notice the photo may be dull and there is not enough contrast. To adjust this go to:
Image Menu > Adjustments > Gradient Map
Click on the gradient bar and choose the black and white gradient pattern from your choices. (usually the third one from the left)
Click on ok and see your changes.
Check the preview box to see if you like the changes - If you do, say OK and your black & white image is done!
To see my work in Photoshop, go to: delmiaco.com
Photo credits: Hans Doddema.
- Is pro photography going away??
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul (Traveling Turkey Series - 1)
- Stock Photography - How to sell your images
- Alba Iulia Forress - Romania
- You Don't Have To Be An Illustrator To Create a Composite
- The Stock Photography Industry is Changing Again, Will You Be Able to Change Too?
- Tip of the week: Illustrations, how to and how not to
- When night becomes more colorful than day