Create Perfect Black and White Images
Here is a technique I picked up along the way to convert color photos to eye catching black and white photos.
Using Adobe Photoshop, go to the
Image Menu > Mode > Grayscale
You'll notice the photo may be dull and there is not enough contrast. To adjust this go to:
Image Menu > Adjustments > Gradient Map
Click on the gradient bar and choose the black and white gradient pattern from your choices. (usually the third one from the left)
Click on ok and see your changes.
Check the preview box to see if you like the changes - If you do, say OK and your black & white image is done!
To see my work in Photoshop, go to: delmiaco.com
Photo credits: Hans Doddema.
- Halloween Creatures: the Owl
- A Moment of Awe-Inspiring Wonder
- An emotional wakening (eventually)
- Everybody loves to take pictures of cats
- Halloween Creatures: the Black Cat
- Aim to shoot for International markets- Advice for stock footage
- Halloween Creatures: the Spider
- Tip of the week: Stock photography and Social Media