In the company I work for, it's a bit of a habit to have small competitions, in particular when it comes to naming a project, internal website or other stuff.
I quite enjoy taking part in them, because I like the short but intense burst of creativity that they imply. I always start from a word or concept, draw a mind map of whatever comes through my mind that is (sometimes very loosely) related to it, and within a few minutes I marvel at catchy acronyms literally jumping up from the page, shooting out from nowhere.
It's a technique that also works when I'm looking for ideas for images, even though I may not always have the time (or the skills) to create the images related to the concepts I come up with!
In any case, it's an exercise that always leaves me fully energized and in a good mood.
In a rather weird twist of events, I won the last three contests I entered, and two of them were this week... Since the prize is almost always a very good bottle of wine, it looks like I'll have to organize a drink with my colleagues pretty soon :-)
Photo credits: Folco Banfi.
- Always Ready
- Underwater Life List (Wide-angle) #3: Sea turtles
- Tip of the week: Of Travelling and Planning
- Tips for Picking Fonts that Compliment Your Message not Distract From it
- Know Your Subject
- Bad Weather Photography: One Way to Salvage a Poor Day in A Good Location
- Engaging Bird Photography
- Dog Rescue Photography: Bozo