Researchers from MIT's School of Architecture and Planning have designed a crowd farm, that is to say a special floor that collects the energy from a walking crowd. It could be very useful in places like metro stations:
A responsive sub-flooring system made up of blocks that depress slightly under the force of human steps would be installed beneath the station's main lobby.
Crowdfarming is producing energy from a moving crowd and its lost energy.
For more read full article on MIT site.
Photo credits: Pavel Losevsky.
All about color
- Tip of the week: Photography basics - ISO
- Colors for the buyers
- Crazy about concepts
- Designers extracting colors by knowing their clients
- Winter's Solitude Approaches
- Background information. Part three.
- Important tips to buying second-hand photography equipment
- Shoot like a pro! Make your mobile shots stand out step-by-step